Thursday, March 24, 2016

Legacy

LisaMeyer-Legacy
"Legacy"
Last week I took a class from the amazing Susan Taylor Glasgow. It was a mixed media class altering books and combining them with glass elements. Books and glass, right up my alley!

The piece above is what I made. It is an altered book with cast glass, printed glass, paint, print type, copper, indigo dyed fabric and a real bird's nest. All things that I have been doing in the studio separately are now combined into one piece. (And photographed in the backyard bluebonnets, which is a current obsession.)

The piece is called "Legacy" and is dedicated to my mother. She is the one who instilled in me a love of nature, birds, animals and gardening as well as has always encouraged me to follow my dreams. I would not be the person or the artist I am without her influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!