Monday, February 22, 2016

Screen Printing Workshop


This weekend I taught a Simple Screen Printing for Mixed Media work shop at Lyn Belisle's Studio. This is a technique that I have used often in my glass work, but translates well to other media. My class was full of other artists who work with fiber, clay, metal, encaustic and mixed media. It was my first work shop at Lyn's studio, but I hope it won't be my last. The space is large and comfortable and the students were just fabulous. I had a really good time! Lyn posted some great pictures of the workshop on her blog that you can see here

The photos below show some of the process to make the glass piece above. I used a photo that I took while hiking in Tucson and manipulated it to make a screen. I used enamel to screen print onto the glass and then fired it in the kiln. This will end up being a portion of a final piece that I hope to show in the Gallery next month for a special glass show.

Original Photo from Tucson
Image turned into a screen printing screen
Image screened onto clear glass 

1 comment:

  1. Lisa - that looks so cool. So wish I was close by and could take this class. Makes me miss working with class.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!