Thursday, May 25, 2017

Bon Voyage - A Whole Month in France!


Last year, I came across an Instagram post calling for artists for a residency in a chateau in the Champagne region in France. A month living in a chateau and making art! Last year was difficult and the thought of running away sounded fantastic. So I applied. What did I have to lose?

I was notified that I was accepted the day after I received really bad news about my mother's health. It could not have come at a better time. I was able to share the news with my mother, and, it gave me something to focus on. Life would continue after her death and she wanted me to keep doing the things that bring me joy. 

I am excited to announce that I'm off to France for a month in September. No work. No responsibilities. Just immerse myself in French culture, drink champagne, engage with other artists and make art! Think of all the wonderful French ephemera that will find its way in to my mixed media work. Je suis tout excite'!

I'm taking French classes to help me prepare. So far, I am excellent at ordering coffee and croissants. I've gotten the important things down right? 

For more information about the residency check out the Chateau Orquevaux website or follow them on Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! That is AWESOME!!! Enjoy yourself and take lots of pictures and make sure you post them so we can all see!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa - I am beyond ecstatic for you! What an amazing opportunity this is going to be. This journey you are on is so beautiful and I am so glad you are sharing it with us. I look forward to hearing about the art, the food, the new friends you will make and seeing your amazing photos. I know your will feel the spirit and love of your mom every step of the way. xo kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!