Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Taking a Break


I must confess that I haven't been in the studio for a while. This spring was very busy with the King William Fair and several gallery openings and projects. I cleaned up the studio and then decided that I needed a bit of a break to avoid burning out. 

The studio is where I find peace because I can lose myself in the moment. Once there are too many projects in the works and it begins to feel like work, then the magic disappears and it becomes one more thing on the to do list. To combat this, I basically forbade myself from going into the studio for a few weeks. I read. I spent time with Mr. Tabby. I spent time with my family. I hung out with friends. I took a class at my favorite studio. I worked in the garden. I took pictures. I canned peppers. And, I chilled on the patio with my favorite furry companions.

Now, I find myself itching to get back into the studio. The ideas are flowing and I am ready to make things just because I want to. It is a good place to be. I am getting better at managing my time and not letting (even the fun) things take over to make me feel unbalanced.

In the meantime, I'll let you chill and look at some of the eye candy that is my garden these days thanks to an unusually large amount of rain in Texas this year.



4 comments:

  1. You are such a good photographer! You should make a calendar with a gorgeous photo of your for each day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gail. I will have to consider that...

      Delete
  2. Sounds like your break was perfect, and right on time. I agree with Gail, you should make a calendar with all your lovely photos - they brighten my day. xo kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! Keep your photos coming too. I love seeing the glimpses of life at the cottage. I hope the addition is coming along.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!