Monday, June 27, 2016

Immersed in Nature


Sometimes you just get to get away to take a break from the everyday. I did that this past weekend in Redstone, Colorado. I attended a workshop hosted by Laura Roberts (aka Hasty Pearl) at her home on the Crystal River. Books and dyeing are not things that I had done before, so it was completely new to me. But, great instructors and a weekend in Colorado - I was in!

The instructors were the fabulous and talented Roxanne Evans Stout and Leslie Marsh. They collaborated to create a fabulous mixed media book made from eco-dyed fabrics and papers as well as nature collages. Nature was the big star of the workshop as it featured prominently in everything that we did - even lunch was by the river. Both ladies are amazing artists and they shared so many new techniques. I also made a bunch of new friends who also made the trek for this great adventure!

I stayed at a B&B in Redstone called Crystal Dreams. It was a dream as advertised. Lisa has a beautiful home, great location and her breakfasts are to die for. I spent some part of every day soaking up the sound of the river. You can see the back yard by the river in the photo. Just heavenly!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!