Sunday, November 1, 2015

Seth Apter Classes



Based on my posts lately, you would think that this has turned into a travel blog. My travel schedule is not slowing down yet - I have trips to New York and Santa Fe still left this year - so there will be a few more travel pics.

But, I did find time to take all four classes by Seth Apter at Roadhouse Arts this past weekend. Holy Moley! I have been a fan of his his artwork for several years, and when it was my turn to pick a national instructor for Roadhouse Arts, he was my first (and only) choice. I was not disappointed! Not only is his artwork fantastic, he is a fabulous instructor full of techniques and encouragement. I ended the weekend rejuvenated and inspired.

Above is my project from the Brick by Brick workshop. We built a wall with a mosaic of handmade papers and "incised" a word. My word was inspired by why we build walls, either physically or psychologically, and that is to keep ourselves safe. My colors were a bit happy for such a somber sentiment. I could say that I was trying to make a statement about the dichotomy. But, it is more likely that I just like blues and greens :).

1 comment:

  1. I like the colors you used, and what it represents! Great art piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!