Sunday, August 23, 2015

Bedouin Carpet


Last weekend, I had the pleasure of taking a class at my friend Lyn Belisle's Studio. Her studio has such wonderful feel with layers of a life well traveled. 

I was inspired to get out my Bedouin dromedary carpet that I purchased in Marrakesh souk. Mike (my high school friend and travel buddy) and I were there on Thanksgiving, so the shop owners treated us to a traditional tagine meal with lots of obligatory tea. Such good memories. Why should the rug now be relegated to storage in the shop? I gave it a good cleaning and laid it out in the glass studio (aka, garage). Now, I can smile as I remember a great adventure in northern Africa :)

I have several projects currently in progress, but only one made it to the completion stage this week. I made a long necklace out of a stone that I bought in Santa Fe when I went to Bead Fest with Gail earlier in the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!