Monday, June 9, 2014

Making Lemonade and Feeding the Soul

The day job had me flying to Albany, NY this past week. My fifth delayed flight of the week had me missing a connection and spending the night at Dulles. I decided to make the most of the delay and extended my layover to 20 hours and went to the National Gallery of Art and the American Art Museum. It was a beautiful day in DC to stroll the mall and take in some classic artwork.

I was able to see some old favorites and thanks to a special exhibit, have now added Andrew Wyeth to my list of favorites. His watercolors are just stunning. Below is a small tour...

Andrew Wyeth

Degas

Hopper

Monet

Monet

Singer Sargent

Van Gogh

3 comments:

  1. Lisa - I'd say you did indeed make lemonade. It has been a long time since I saw such an exhibit, thank you for sharing. I hope you are back home safe and sound. xo Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's some silver lining to what would otherwise be a frustrating event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's some silver lining to what would otherwise be a frustrating event.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!