Friday, January 25, 2013

Studio Update

 
 
Last year, I spoke of my plan to build a studio in the "back forty" in the place Mr. Tabby cleared. That was a bit ambitious and we have had to make some changes to my plan. Mr. Tabby has also really gotten in to his metals (welding and blacksmithing).

So, we have decided to get a metal building for his shop. The picture above shows where it will go. He got a great deal on the building - with the caveat that he has to actually build it. Well, he and quite a few of his friends!

He will be vacating the garage and I will be taking over. The kilns are already in there so it made sense electricity wise. I will be finishing it out and adding on in the back. This week, we had some new doors and four skylights installed to give it some light. The second photo shows the absolute mess that it is right now. Things will be chaotic a bit longer, but the end result in my head looks fantastic. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you both on your future work spaces. That is so exciting. I'm so envious of your big kiln. Looking forward to seeing photos of the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you putting an ac in your studio? if so what type? I'm debating between the European style(ac & heat) that hangs on the wall or the traditional one the needs a hole in the wall to the outside. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!