Saturday, July 14, 2012

What was I thinking?


I am always looking for creative (and inexpensive) ways to furnish my studio - you know, the one not built yet...

I found an auction of old science tables that a local school district is replacing. They are solid wood with a good hard top that will withstand banging, painting and glass. They are designed to be used with acids and bunsen burners. They'd be perfect for work surfaces and counters. The catch is you had to bid on the entire lot - 9 pallets of 10. Yes, 90 tables! Mr. Tabby and I have spent two days moving around very heavy tables in uncomfortable heat and humidity. We are exhausted.

Between the new studio and the garage, we will use about 30. So, we have a few left over. Mr. Tabby is firing up Craig's List tonight. Is anyone interested in a few tables?

4 comments:

  1. I may be interested in 1 or 2 of those tables (depending on how large they are) let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Good luck finding the new homes. I am keeping myself from wanting them. I think they could be cool. But just yesterday announced I would be getting rid of 1000 things from the house...uh, I don't think adding things at the same time is a good strategy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, we really do having similar interests and habits. I sure wish I was close enough for a couple of those tables. Does Mr. Tabby deliver? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are nice! Solid wood is positively a classic, and can not be found!
    Some of those would probably sell at every flea market and art exhibit that you attended, finding storage space for them is the difficult part...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!