Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day



In honor of the holiday, the Fly Tribe is hosting a "Love of Art" blog hop. We met taking the Flying Lessons e-course by Kelly Rae Roberts last summer and realized that we were kindred spirits.

I am traveling for the day job this week so I put this in the kiln before I left. The blank has Light Pink Striker and clear so it will be pink after it fires. It will end up as a bowl after the third firing.

I dabble in many things in my creative life - jewelry, painting, collage, encaustic - pretty much anything that looks fun. But, glass is my true love. I love the translucency and the depth. I also (kind of) like that it is temperamental and high maintenance. It is always a surprise when you open up that kiln the next day (or two, or three).

Happy Valentines Day!

19 comments:

  1. So cool! I love glass, can't wait to see the finished product. Love & Grace, AnaLisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! Excited to see your finished piece! Thanks for sharing and have a Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! I want to see the finished product;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Art should surprise you each and every day - LOVE that you feel that too - thanks for sharing and can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- that looks like it will be beautiful!! Can't wait to see the finished bowl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to be watching for it's grand debut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you found your true love, as I have found mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it looks beautiful, can't wait to see it when it come out of the kiln. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...glass art is so exotic to me as it is something I have never tried to do. I think this piece is beautiful the way it is (at first, I thought it was a platter or trivet). I can't wait to see what it looks like when pink and morphed into a bowl!

    Teresa Erwin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love to see that finished bowl. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is going to be a beautiful bowl!
    (And I love the glimpse into your studio in the post below!)

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh! Love seeing your glass stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to see the finished product! Thanks for sharing that,and the peek at your studio! XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. as usual - awesome! Can't wait to see finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a box of chocolate.....mmmmm good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!