Thursday, September 18, 2014

Seth Apter - The Studio Table

I am pleased to participate in Seth Apter's blog hop today celebrating the Studio Table in its working state - not the cleaned up version for a photo shoot. When I am working, I do like to have all of my supplies in their correct spot so I can find them easily. So, my table in generally pretty neat. This doesn't extend to my hands and clothing that seem to get get paint everywhere!

I have two spaces where I create. The first space is one of three studios at Roadhouse Arts. This one tends to be cleaner because it is open to the public. These pictures show it when I was painting a mixed media piece for Halloween. Before Seth arrives next October to teach, I will have to tidy up a bit.




This space is in my home studio which is an extension to the garage. In this space, I get lots of help from my studio assistants. In this photo, Chessie is helping me to string a garnet necklace. They do get kicked out when I fire up the griddles for encaustic work.


8 comments:

  1. I love both of your spaces! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous space. Cute twinkle lights, makes a nice touch. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first one sure is pretty, but you really can't beat the reliability of peg board, can ya?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the first pic and how the twinkle lights are strung up across the ceiling, not just along the wall - very pretty and colorful too! Thanks for sharing your space with us =-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply love your feline friend and such colorful art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome space! I love your twinkle lights and your pegboard organizer. It looks like a bright place to create.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. i enjoyed seeing both spaces, but I fell in love with your studio and the peg boards. If only!! Really enjoyed the birds, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Appreciate your sharing both of your spaces with us. :) Happy Creating!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!