Saturday, August 10, 2013

New Painting - Summer Shower

Summer Shower
Lisa Meyer

I have gotten things organized enough that I can start making again. This is the latest completed painting. This started as one of the canvases from the Flora Bowley class. It looks nothing like her canvases but it is full of layers and colors and I "just went with it" like she teaches - all of the things that I love. I like to paint outside because I make such a mess. An unexpected summer shower added some cool drips to the painting.

I am really happy with this one. It is now hanging in the house and it might not make it to the gallery...

2 comments:

  1. I love all the colors you used to create it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    I love your new painting!!! It has so much beauty and I think it is captivating. It's the kind of painting every artist wants to paint....something that the viewer want to come back to again and again. Great art! Keep it up and make some more. I love your style and your color choices are a fantastic blend. I like the abstraction.
    I haven't been by in awhile, so I'll be looking through your blog this week to see what you've been up to.
    I'm busy adding some art of my own to our garden fence, so please hop on over to Tropical Texana and see. It's a mural, so not near as fancy as what you produce. But still, it's fun and I love it.
    David/:0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!