Sunday, March 24, 2013

Happy Spring!


Last week was spring break for us. We had a wonderful week with family. We also spent a lot of time getting the garden ready. Mr. Tabby and his father made this arbor out of cedar that was cleared from the back woods and some old fencing panel stacked by the garage. C and I went to the nursery to get some fragrant flowers to cover the arbor. We went with some jasmine on the left and a Don Juan rose on the right. The arbor is outside our bedroom window, so I am hoping the wonderful fragrance drifts into our room on the warm spring nights. Already, the jasmine is heavenly!

Huey and Lulu offered to be models for the picture. The arbor blocks their cut-through through the garden bed. Other than that, they seems to like it as well.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a great day!. I love the arbor and can't wait to see it when it's covered with beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa it is lovely. Would they like to come to VA and build one for me?
    I have Don Juan roses here in my VA garden and Jasmine in FL. When we were in FL in Feb. the Jasmine, which I planted outside our bedroom window perfumed the entire room at night as well as the lanai, it was pure heaven. I sure hope yours does the same for you.
    xok

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!