Sunday, January 22, 2012

Playing with Encaustic


This weekend, I was on my own as Mr. Tabby went to deliver his mom's belated Christmas present - an iPad. After the initial trepidation wore off, she has decided that she likes it. It won't be long until she is hooked like the rest of us.

I took advantage of the quiet time to play in the studio. I received an encaustic starter set for Christmas. This is my first attempt. Lesson learned - hot wax on hot wax leaves a big blur! I like the way the flowers turned out though.

Have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. Lisa I love the dreamy look. I keep saying I'm going to do more work like this. What is an encaustic starter set? Wax and heat source? Inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the Encaustic starter set from Dick Blick with my Christmas money and a really good sale (60% off - Item #01101-4009). It includes the heated palette, a heat gun, 2 boards and some starter waxes. I've always liked the look of the wax. It has depth like glass does. But, it is harder that the videos on You Tube would suggest!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!