Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas to Me

As you can tell, I've been doing some painting recently. Previous attempts at painting have been the traditional oil painting that couldn't really hold my interest. So tedious. I was never able to "let go" and paint the types of painting that I've always admired. Lately, I've been exploring mixed media painting and collage art. It is messy and freeing and fun! I love that there are no rules except what makes me feel good.

One of my favorite artists is Nancy Lefko. She has some new art in her Etsy store and I just had to scoop up one of her original paintings. It is so colorful and full of life.

The sentiment of "Bloom and Grow" is perfect for my studio and I hope to be a motto for next year! Thank you Nancy!

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments!